Cutie has been very happy lately and life has been great for me. I had a great but tiring week but it's all worthwhile. =) Anyway, since it's such a sweet week for me, let me share with you some desserts.
Panna cotta is an Italian classic dessert which is very simple to make. It's made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar mixing with the gelating and leaving it in the fridge to cool until set. It's an Italian expression which literally means "cooked cream". However, doesn't that already give you the idea that this dessert is heavenly sinful. Well, I just gotta say yes and it's not a dessert you can have it daily.

Panna cotta is an Italian classic dessert which is very simple to make. It's made by simmering together cream, milk and sugar mixing with the gelating and leaving it in the fridge to cool until set. It's an Italian expression which literally means "cooked cream". However, doesn't that already give you the idea that this dessert is heavenly sinful. Well, I just gotta say yes and it's not a dessert you can have it daily.
So I was interested in looking for an alternative in preparing this delicious dessert. Then I thought of an idea, instead of using cream, why don't I use yogurt. Yup, yogurt can be used and in fact it's not sinful and pretty delicious as well. However, I would recommend to use fruit yogurt and not plain one to give it more flavour. These can be served with berry sauce or fruits.
Here is a simple recipe for you to try out in preparing these healthy panna cotta dessert.
2 tsp unflavoured gelatin
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
160gm flavoured yogurt
Fresh strawberries
In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup milk. Let stand until the gelatin is softened about 5 minutes. After gelatin is softened, heat the mixture and stire to make sure the gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat and gently whisk in yogurt, honey into the milk mixture. Then pour the mixture into 4 ramekins. Place it in the fridge to cool for at least 1 hour.
To unmould, carefully run a whin knife around the edge of each ramekin to loosen it from the inside of the bowl. Invert the ramekin onto the plate and carefully lift off ramekin once the panna cotta is release. Garnish with fresh fruits and/or fruit puree of your choice.
Here is also another dessert picture of sticky toffee pudding which I had prepared. These pudding was prepared in advance and can be kept in the freezer for about a month. So you can have it anytime you want.
These warm pudding is always best to serve it with cold vanilla ice cream topped with toffee sauce. *drool*
That's all for dessert at the moment. A little too much sugar for me now. hehe... Gotta work it all out this weekend. 'lol' Anyway, got a marathon to run on Sunday so I guess it shouldn't be a problem to burn it off.
Have a great weekend. Cutie hopes next week will be a happy week for me again. I love this feeling. =)
10 comments:
Have fun in the Marathon !!!
Hi Cutie! Sorry for the delay, but a new year always brings new troubles... ;)
Please ship some to Lisbon... or bring it personally running; after the marathon... ;))
Meanwhile a new blog is born: Blogtrotter Two! Hope you enjoy at least as much as the previous version and look forward to reading your comments!
Have a great weekend!!! Gil
Jasonmumbles: Hmm, pandan flavour panna cotta? That's something new to me... hehe..
Adam Soong: Thank you..
Blogtrotter: Haha.. yeah, would love to run over to Lisbon if possible. Would like to visit you one day. =)
A marathon!!! Today is Monday, so now you have done it! Hope to get a report soonest!(Managed to make a half-Marathon many years ago.)
I'm convinced that your preparation would make me accept the yogurt, which normally is not on my daily menu!
Oohh..I love Panna Cotta but its sooooo sinful. May, when are you gonna bake some for me? Lol..long time didnt see you d :)
I love the one with the strawberry sauce!
Peter: I think yogurt is not everyone's favourite but this is actually yummy.
Sue Me: Hi dear, it's been a while since we last met. So when are we going to meet up? hehe..Btw, this panna cotta is not sinful. =)
Cynthia: Thanks. It taste great too.
may!! Yea lo..we should meet up for a makan gathering. Hehehe..it's time for me to cook panna cotta too :)
Hi dear..
I love your cooking. So talented.
Can I ask the toffee recipe please?
:)
Thanks a bunch in advance.
I want this! :DAs usual, pandan flavour please. :P
Post a Comment