Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's time to indulge!!!

Chinese New Year is just less than a week away. I'm sort of looking forward to it as I'm still eligible to collect angpows. I better collect as many as possible this year as I'm not sure how many more years remaining will I be eligible to collect it. *laughs*

Also looking forward to munching all the yummy cookies, stuffing myself with all the prawn crackers and sinful peanuts and not forgetting to be spending time with the people I love.

Ok, back to food indulgance. I'm never really a fan of nutz and most of the time I do not like to order brownies when I dine outside because there is always nutz in it and the brownies tend to be quite dry.

So I make my own version of brownies. Moist and nutz-free. Hehe....


Cutie's Brownies

There are many types of recipes for brownies and I seriously have a hard time combining all the recipes and amending it according to what I think it might come out good. To my surprise, my brownie tasted pretty good and I kinda like it. It's moist and you can eat it on its own. *drools*


Mmmmmm!!!

But of course I want to make it taste even better when I serve it to Doink. So I added chocolate ice cream and peaches to serve together with the brownies.

*yummy!!!*

To be honest I don't know whether peaches go well with brownies and ice cream. I added peaches there because Doink loves peaches. *smile* He was happily helping himself to the dessert. Hehe....


*stomach growling...hungry*

Well, to me cooking is about satisfying the taste bud of the person you cook for. There is no right and wrong rules or ways in cooking. Most important thing is the person you cook for enjoys it. So don't be afraid to experiment.

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year and hope everyone will have a wonderful year. *hugz*

7 comments:

Gina the baker said...

i like making chocolate-cheese brownies. they're really really yummy. happy cny in advance hope you collect A LOT of angpaos!!

Shionge said...

Sure looks yummy and moist ya! Happy New Year to you too :D

Cutie said...

ifreeakinhateblogger: Chocolate cheese brownies is good. HEhe... But sometimes I prefer something lighter. Yeah, u too collect more angpoas.

shionge: Happy New Year!!! Glad you are better now.

Big Boys Oven said...

Gong Hei Fat Choy! Maybe the year of rat brings you lots of goodies and good health!

Cutie said...

bigboysoven: Happy Chinese New Year to you as well!!!

Jason said...

I like dessert especially with ice cream.

Happy CNY!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cutie,

Your brownie looks really really good! And I enjoy reading your blog. Just wondering, would you have a good recipe for strawberry shortcake? Thanks!

Li