Sunday, September 30, 2007

Semolina Cake...

Hmm... Friday night. Most people will be out partying but here I am trying to bake some new experiment dessert. Hehe... Well, I did go out after cleaning up my kitchen =)

This is a very interesting recipe which I came across from Canadian Baker Website - Almond Fingers. This recipe uses semolina which is coarsely ground durum wheat that is highly glutinous.

This recipe actually requires almond extract but since I do not have it, I put vanila essence in it instead. I am someone who loves amending the recipes given and will replace whatever that I couldn't find in the kitchen. *noti me*

Cutie semonlina cupcakes

I made them into mini little cupcakes for this semolina cake and I made a few variation for the jam that I put in between the cake. There were mango puree, strawberry jam and blueberry jam. The mango puree actually gives an interesting tangy taste towards the cake and it does taste really nice. Definitely worth the try.

Oooh, jammy

I only used part of the mixture to make the mini cupcakes. The rest of it I made it into raspberry squares. I think I didn't do a good job in baking this. The squares were a bit too thick. Therefore I had to overbake it since the centre part of this cake was uncook. *shaking head* But the cake still taste faboulous. I like it and of course Doink loves it.


Overbaked Raspberry Squares

Well, I'm definitley gonna bake these again with the right set of ingedients and right quantity too... *grin* I should stop rebeling and follow the recipes.


Still taste good!!!

But do give it a try. The taste of this cake is so unique and grainy as semolina expands after baking . I'm pretty sure (no guarantees) that you will love it. An easy desseert to prepare for your loved ones on a weekend for tea break... *smile*

6 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Yes we love them, don't "kwai fei" you think it's time to share your fortune of lovely food with us!.... not jackson again

Shionge said...

You are so hardworking lor...your family members are so lucky to have free samples lor heheheh..

Big Boys Oven said...

Shionge, I guess those samples go straight to jacksonkah's stomach.....lol

Cutie said...

bigboysoven: Hmm.. I don't share it with jackson...

shionge: Thank you. Well, I think your family is lucky to have you too as well. :)

bigboysoven: *speechless*

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, you can just bake us this for next potluck party :P

Cutie said...

jason: Ask someone to organise a potluck session again and I will make desserts ok.. hehe...