This time I reasearch a bit more on making salad. I came across caesar salad recipe. I felt that I should start of by making a simple salad with simple sauce. To my surprise, raw egg is used in caesar salad.
I also made some crutons. Oh, I just love the crutons I prepared. So nice and crispy. Couldn't get enough of it. Next time I should make more.. Hehe.. Stocking up some baguette bread in the freezer is good so that I can make crutons anytime I want.... *laugh*
Caesar Salad
It's simple to prepare this salad.
Ingredients
1 coddled egg
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tsp worcestershire sauce
6tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt and blcak pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese
Rommain lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Homemade crutons
To make the dressing, take a bowl and whisk the garlic, salt, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce. Whisk in the coddled egg until the mixture is thick. Slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking at the same time. Than add 2 some parmesan cheese in the sauce.
After that, take a plate, place the rommaine lettuce at the bottom of the plate nicely. Top with cherry tomatoes. Pour the dressing over the salad. Than top it with crutons. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and black pepper. When you are ready to dine, just toss your salad to coat it well.
.jpg)
Mushroom soup with crutons
Cutie this time round also prepared a yummylicious creamy mushroom soup. It's my first time making this soup and doink just love it... I topped it with crutons which made the soup taste even more beautiful. Oooh... sinfully good!!! *drool*
I, of course, am very happy when Doink praised me saying that it's the best mushroom soup he had ever tasted. Haha.... What do I think? Hmm.. I think it's ok and there are loads of improvement to be made.
.jpg)
The perfect meal
It was a perfect meal that night. I think it's been quite a while since I cooked so much food for Doink. Poor him. Hope he doesn't become skinny Doink without me around. *lol*
Anyway, he will probably have to wait till next month before I start cooking a big meal for him. Think it's time for him to place his order what he wants to savour next. *laugh*

7 comments:
Yumzz... i miss my good food!! =(
vinnyc: You will be getting one soon... :)
hi i love ur site!! alw been updating . i'm a young cook. lol. not much of experimenting yet. but i love ur recipes. easy yet nice. can i hav a recipe of ur mushroom soup? and crutons? i love mushrooms =) can email me? (meihwa_ang@yahoo.com)
hi meihwa,
Thanks for your lovely comment. I will email you soon on the recipe. Been busy with work but I will reply soonest ok.
nice blog, the pictures and the recipe are just great! Too bad I'm lazy when it comes to cooking =(
hurley: Oh well, I think once you have the passion to cook, you will never feel lazy. Never mind. Take your time to learn to love cooking ok.
thanks alot babe. keep up the good work. bet sumday u'll be a great chef as u're already doing so well. =)
got ur recipes. thanks for the time. u rock!!
Post a Comment