Monday, January 22, 2007

Christmas Dinner 2006

It's sad that we don't have snow in Malaysia. It would be perfect to have snow falls on Christmas day and enjoy a beautiful dinner with someone you love and exchange gifts.

Anyway, this is my first time cooking Christmas dinner as Doink and I don't usually celebrate Christmas day. This is only the second time in my life that I celebrated Christmas with Doink although we have been together for 7 years.
o
I have decided to give him a surprise by cooking dinner for him. It's not easy to plan the Christmas menu as there were so many things I wanted to make for him. But anyway, I still have to come up with what I have to make. I started off the dinner with thick mushroom soup served with home made garlic bread. I realised that it actually taste better if you make your own garlic butter. You can blend more garlic into the butter and you can taste the richness flavour of the garlic when it's toast with the baguette. And trust me, it tastes awesome. But don't forget to add parsley to enhance the flavour.

Garlic bread

I also made Ham and Bacon Deviled Eggs and Deep Fried Mozarella Cheese. These are Doink's favourite. I also made Marinara sauce to go with the Deep Fried Mozarella Cheese. It adds more flavour to the cheese and brings out the true taste of it.

Ham and Bacon Deviled Eggs



Deep Fried Mozarella Cheese

Starters

I decided to roast a chicken instead of a turkey since it was just the both of us that are going to be eating. It's no point roasting a big turkey.

Roast Chicken with Apple, Sage and Onion stuffing & Roast Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary

Roasted a chicken with apple, sage and onion stuffing. Those stuffing are inside the chicken. Anyway, I added bacon on the chicken while roasting it to add more flavour into it as the bacon fats will flow into the chicken while it's being roasted. I bought a can of cranberry sauce to accompany it with the chicken. Mmmmmm, it just taste awesomlicious....

Roast potatoes goes really well with garlic and rosemary. I saw this recipe on tv the other day and decided to give it a try. Well, it was worth a try as there were more taste in the potatoes.

And finally it comes to the best part of the meal, Desert. haha... Actually I intended to make a special desert for him - cheesecake, bread pudding, Christmas pudding... but then I realise that I won't have the time to make him a special one. So I just made him a Creme Caramel instead. A simple one.

Creme Caramel

By the end of the meal, we were both so full. There were leftovers and I kept those chicken meat to make him sandwiches the next day. It was a beautiful Christmas Dinner and I was so happy that I managed to cook a full course Christmas dinner for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! awesome! I lyk ur blog ^_^
Im a Hotel & Restaurant MAnagement student thats why I also cook nd experiment unique styles on food... mybe just lyk me u find following the recipe so boring too, isn't it? I lyk the way on how u express ur art bcoz of ur designs hehe! I hope I can be lyk u.. well I find ur Blog so much interesting with eggs, ham, bacon chesses etc... uhmmmm I lyk them all hahahah!!