Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meatballs and Mango Salsa

Mom bought some really fresh and sweet mangoes from Thailand just the other day. Than I decided to make mango salsa. I was just trying out as I saw the recipe in one of my lovely recipe book. I wanted to know how does a mango salsa taste like. It's actually very simple to make and the taste is awesomelicious. Yum Yum!!! Next time I will make Mango Chicken with Mango Salsa. Oooh, must go buy ingredients and make for Doink to try soon. hehe...

Mango Salsa

Anyway, I did not just make the mango salsa that day. With some leftovers of minced meat in the freezer, I decided to make meatballs using Nigella Lawson's recipe which I saw on TV. I made some changes in the recipe. I made 2 batches of the meatballs - fried and baked. The baked meatballs are the healthier version and it actually tasted just as good as the fried meatballs. Just make sure you don't over bake it as your meatballs will turn very dry.

These meatballs are ideal for snacks or it can be serve to your guests as finger food. It's really yummy. Besides that, you can also have your meatballs serve together with your pasta. Apparently the meatballs and the mango salsa went well together. Both the taste matches really well. haha...

Anyway, while waiting for Doink to come back from his usual Sunday sports, I decided to display the meatballs in a special way. hehe...

Fried Meatballs

Just have got nothing better to do. *hehe*

Meatballs on eggy...

No comments: