Anyway, it's been a while since I last prepared this lovely dessert. I love it so much as it's easy to make and one of the better dessert to end your perfect meal.
Bread and butter pudding is actually one of England's most loved and traditional desserts. I had tasted this dessert before I went to UK but it's in UK where I truly fell in love with this lovely dessert. It's rich, warming and filling and it's one of the perfect desserts to have during the winter then.
This dish is made by layering slices of buttered stale bread scattered with raisins. Then pour in the eggs, sugar and milk mixture seasoned with cinnamon or nutmeg. It is then baked in the oven. The smell is heavenly good. You will love your kitchen so much when your bread and butter pudding is nearly ready.
I tried several methods in serving this dessert. I tried it with cream which the taste wasn't that amazing. I also had it with custard which I kinda like it very much. But don't think I can have too much of that otherwise my cholestrol level will probably get worse. Hehe... But I have to say my favourite way of serving this dish has got to be warm bread and butter pudding serve with vanila ice cream topped with toffee sauce. *drool*
Anyway, very often the pudding is moist enough to be without sauce. So you can actually eat it on its own. I definitely will be preparing this when I have guests over at my place. You can actually prepare this dish 2 days in advance.
Oh well, I hope I have more time in preparing more food. My schedule is kinda tight. Busy packing and moving house right now as well. Yeap, I finally will be moving to my own house. I'm all excited about it but lazy at the same time. *lol* Will try my best to update my blog as often as possible although I know I'm getting slower as time goes by. So please bear with me okie... =) I'm getting slower as time goes by. So please bear with me okie... =)
12 comments:
I love bread but never bread pudding still I must say this looks so yummy that I know my D would love it ;D
I miss you bakings =( sobsss... hows it goign ?
Hi Cutie, the bread pudding looks so tempting and delicious. mind to share with me the recipe please?
I would really like to try this one! Now!! :-)
That looks really good. :) Have to try one of this some day.
Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex
That is wickedly good!
Shionge: It's really good. Bread and butter pudding is one of my favourite dessert.
Andrew: Things are going ok. I miss you guys ler...
Tak Feng and Lili: Can you give me your email address so I can send to you the recipe.
Peter: Haha... I bet you can get it at Paris easily.
Alexander: Yes, better try this.
Cynthia: That's definitely so true!
Hi Cutie, my email address is takfenglili@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot
Wah, I want! I read about it in Flavours and couldn't imagine the steps but your first and third pic explained it all. Looked so easy peasy!
Hi,
I just read your blog and could not resist the bread pudding. Do you hv the recipe available somewhere I can download? Thanks.
Dear Sir/Madam,
We are www.makanmonster.com & we are inviting you to join us in our Facebook page to become our friends & fans....
:)
Feel free to JOIN US and REGISTER YOURSELF at http://www.makanmonster.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/makanmonster/ to win some prizes in our ADD 'A' RESTAURANTS Contest....
or contact us at contest@makanmonster.com
Wish to you see there...
I love bread but never bread pudding still I must say this looks so yummy that I know my D would love it ;D
Post a Comment