We started off our dinner with some tapas. Here is the Deepfried Sheep’s Milk cheese with Honey. I had never expected honey goes so well with the cheese. Now I guess I learned something new. Hehe...
We also had the Eggplant with Olive Oil, Chili and Herbs Tapas. Not something I really fancy but the sauce is pretty good when you dip your bread on it.
I can never find a reason to say no when it comes to mushrooms. They just tasted so good. I wonder who came up with this brilliant idea that we can be consuming fungus. *lol* Anyway, this Button Mushrooms Sauteed in Olive Oil and Garlic is a must try if you ever visit this restaurant.
Next up is the Lamb. I really can't remember what's it but I knew it tasted kinda ok. It was served with mayonaise/yogurt (not quite sure) with diced peaches. The taste is kinda unique and I wouldn't mind trying it again.
Of course when you visit La Bodega, it's a must to order thePaella Valenciana Mixta or Spanish rice cooked with prawns, chicken, mussels and clams in a paella with saffron, peppers and peas. I think after having this, I finally settled my cravings for Paella. The last round I ever had this dish was many years back and was craving for it ever since then. But I have to say that this Paella is not really up to my expectation. The one I had in UK was way much better than this.
So this is what I had for the night celebrating Doink's birthday with his families. Tons of yummy food and I think I'm done with Spanish food for now. =)
16 comments:
I've never really had Spanish food but am dying to try it.
Ehhhmmm, I Like This Food. Delicious Food.
My tongue watering..... Thanks for sharing....
So well presented but deep fried cheese?? Bet you had fun :D
Looks good...
There are so many variations of the paella, even if it seems that the Valenciana is said to be the original one. Personally I prefer the versions with more seafood and not necessarily so much of the green peas (nothing against green peas as such)... but our tastes are different! It's like pizzas, you can imagine and invent so many variations! (But of course you should eat them locally, if possible!)
Absolutely love their sauteed mushrooms...
Paellaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Calamariiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still waiting here, how about you ? Haha. Yummy food.
Cynthia: You should try Spanish food. It's really good.
afiszone: Thanks for visiting my blog. It's really delicious.
Femin Susan: You are welcome. Thanks for dropping by.
Shionge: Oh, I had excellent fun enjoying these gorgeous food.
Jarlin: Thanks.
Peter: Actually I don't like the green peas in the paella. I don't know why they put so much in it. That's why I say it's not the best paella I had ever tried. But in future if there is a chance i want to try the true authentic paella.
Chong: Oh, yeah.. They are beautiful.
Adam Soong: Eh, you can get good ones over in US...
Suzanne: I'm waiting as well. Called them and they say this week.
Hi Cutie! Tons of yummy food, that's what we can see. And everythng for you... ;))
Now, «The Masterpiece» waits you at Blogtrotter. You shouldn’t miss it, believe me... ;). Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Hey girl, yup as they promise you I've got the cheque n vouchers =) Until today I've spent almost nearing quarter of those vouchers. First time in my life, I can buy things without looking at the price, lol.
However, the SA in sasa is a bit skeptical when I pass them the vouchers, they talking among themselve as if those vouchers are fake asking me where I got them and why I have so many. Some said a lot came with vouchers lately. One was so rude, she said "Next time you got voucher, tell la earlier!". I was like ...
Do u experience the same as well?
Anyway, they're on sales now right? But they told me these vouchers cannot be use with discounts.
GMG: Hi, will drop by to visit your blogg soon.
Suzanne: I got my vouchers. Haha.. mine not as much as yours. So shiok huh you shop till you drop. So have you finish using all of it? So what else have you won lately? =)
Btw, give me your email or you email me and tell me more about your shopping at sasa. hehe...
Nothing else, didn't really join anything.
My email is xzezang@gmail.com
or do you have msn? xzezang@hotmail.com
Haha, I've never tried Spanish food before actually. I don't think burritos count actually, since it is more of Mexican flavor. Will bring Izet next time =)
I've never really had Spanish food but am dying to try it.
Post a Comment