Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another Great Food Session

Cutie is back with her smile. I recovered from my pouty face and put up a smile this morning. Hehe... And today is my 114th months anniversary = 9 1/2 years anniversary. I'm no longer angry, mad or sad. Just woke up and I feel good. But anyway, have to thank all my friends who was there for me last night. Hugz to all of you.

Back to my food blogging. WIP at Bangsar Shopping Centre is a restaurant bar that serves various types of cuisine and different variety of brews. When BBO asked whether I'm free for dinner at WIP, I was like asking him what does it stands for. I never expect it to be actually called Work in Progress Restaurant. I know I sound really stupid asking such silly question. *blush*


WIP

This is a place with nice ambience and it is a great place to catch up with friends. The songs that were playing for the night was soothing and nice. I love that kind of music.

We were first served with tons of different detox and cocktails drinks. Detox drinks taste just like errr detox drinks - healthy!!! Hehe... Well, they have tons of variety and interesting drinks. Give it a try. As for cocktails, I absolutely loved the Lychee Martini. Highly recommended!!!

Detox juices

Here is our first dish which is Vegetables Pakoras - Fried Vegetables with spinach sauce. Delicious spinach sauce. Very tasty.

Vegetables Pakoras

Cajun Chiken Tortillas - Marinated roasted Cajun Chicken Wrapped in tortillas and accompanied with a salad bouquet. I find this dish taste quite not bad. It is something that a lot of girls will love it as this is the tasty type of healthy dish.

Cajun Chiken Tortillas

Tempura Prawn with Dragon Fruit Salad - Warm and cold salad with a combination of tempura prawns and fruit salad. This is something very unique. But I guess it deserves a compliment for coming up with this dish.

Tempura Prawn with Dragon Fruit Salad

Salmon Steak and Wild Rocket Salad - Norweigian Salmon Steak grilled to perfection and served with potatoes au gratin and fresh tomato salsa. I believe everyone at that table that night loves this dish best. Not a single person complain about this dish including me. *lol* The potatoes are absolutely delicious and the freshness of the fish could be tasted. Definitely is a must try!!!

Salmon Steak and Wild Rocket Salad

Thai Green Chicken Curry - Boneless Chicken cooked in our home made thai green curry served with vegetables, kerabu mango and steamed rice. This did not get my vote at all as I find that all I could taste in the green curry is the spiciness taste. That's all. Psst... BBO can cook better than this... *lol*

Thai Green Chicken Curry

Lamb Kebab on Hot Plate - Marinated Lamb meat cooked on a sizzling hot plate over a slow fire with fresh asparagus on the side. I quite like this lamb dish.

Lamb Kebab on Hot Plate

Nasi Goreng Petai - Delicious and fragrant fried rice with petai sambal, comes with salted fish and chicken wings. Didn't exactly try this dish but it does look good....

Nasi Goreng Petai

Lamb Chop - I absolutely love this dish. The lamb is cooked to perfection and the sauce goes really well with it.


Lamb Chop

Tofu Puffs - Stuffed with minced prawn mushrooms and mixed vegetables. Fried to a crispy brown. Lack of taste in my opinion.

Tofu Puffs

Beefy Pizza - Beef Pepperoni, beef bacon, beef ribs, all beefed out. I just have to say SOULed Out serves better pizza compared to WIP. It's lack of taste and there is just not enough of pepperoni. I guess I'm not the only person who commented on that and in fact there were some bloggers who previously had commented their disappointment on this pizza.

Beefy Pizza

Sang Har Mein - Signature dish of fresh blue leg prawn in egg gravy, over deep fried wanton noodles. Errr.... nope. To me, it does not taste like the typical sang har mein at all. I don't know what others think about it but definitely it's a no no to me....

Sang Har Mein

And here is suppose to come the best part of the meal which is dessert time. Unfortunately I didn't find the dessert that amazing.

Homemade Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream. It's nothing spectacular but it's not a bad dessert.

Homemade Apple Pie

Organice Crepes with organic fruits and melba sauce. Yes... everything in this dish is organic including the flour. I wonder is the sugar is organic too. *scratch head* Anyway, I find the layer of crepe is a bit too thick. There weren't any sauces like custard, cream to go with it which actually makes this dessert a little dry.

I think so far the best crepe I ever had was in Paris. Absolutely lovely. The crepe is so good that you can even eat it on its own. Yummy!!! *Cutie dreaming being in Paris with Doink right now enjoying a warm crepe together sitting by the bench watching the sunset*

Organice Crepes

And there was a little surprise for Sidney as it was his birthday. The staff brought the beautiful cake out specially for Sidney. The cake looks really lovely.

Birthday cake for Sidney

Anyway, it was definitely a great night out meeting all the makan kakis again. Can't wait for our next makan session.

Special thanks to the following people for their beautiful photos and thanks for flashing all your flashes throughout the night too *lol*

Jason
Andrew
Ken
Kelvin

And to the rest of you, thanks for making this makan session a memorable one. I had a great time with all of you.

Su
Chong

14 comments:

Penang Tua Pui said...

Lamb Kebab on Hot Plate looks tempting to me.... can't stop looking at the lamb.. yum yum la

GMG said...

Hi Cutie! With a 48h day I would have time to enjoy your blog more often; shame on the time controller… ;)) Anyhow, I take the nasi goreng rice... ;)
Thanks for your lovely comments on Blogtrotter. Adore them... Have a great week!

PeterParis said...

Did you really try them all? !!!

You could possibly take up a job for the Michelin Guide!

Cutie said...

Penang Tua Pui: Don't eat your screen up. Hehe... You can go ahead and try it but then again I prefer the lamb chop. Yum!

Blogtrotter: Wow, you must be really busy. Maybe if there is a chance, u must tell me what exactly u do besides travelling around the world. Hehe..

Peter: Yes yes, I did try them all. A bit of everything. I hope I'm not turning into a Michelin. Hehe....

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious A Wonderful array of dishes!

Cheers,

Rosa

Shionge said...

Hey lots of food there Cutie...any leftovers? what a presentation I must say...very nice!

joshuaongys said...

spam spam spam!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lee said...

Hi Cutie, wow! The food looks fantastic...I guess its fun trying out these new places...and you being a good cook, you'll know the standards, ha ha.
Have fun, Cutie and keep well, Lee.

Andrew said...

continuaton from joshua... SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMMMMMMMM~~~~ HAHAHAH =D
*ahem* when's next dinner outing agian? LOL

Big Boys Oven said...

wow I have yet to post . . . .. spam spam spam . . .. next dining out, Andrew's Kitchen! muahahahahah!

Cutie said...

Rosa's Yummy Yums: Yeah, it's really delicious.

Shionge: Unfortunately nothing left. Next round k. Hehe...

joshuaongys: Wah, u very free is it?

Uncle Lee: Haha... but i'm quite a picky eater and my standards may be different from other people. :)

Andrew: I'm waiting for it. I can feast now. Hehe...

Big Boys Oven: I'm waiting for out next outing. Faster organise one.

Anonymous said...

I don't see any of my own food pictures also.

Simon Seow said...

I like wild rockets, I use it to make sandwich.

Cutie said...

jasonmumbles: Err... really? I didn't know that.

Simon Seow: I like it too. =)