Friday, November 14, 2008

I Need More Fish!!!

I rarely cook fish as I'm not good at preparing them. So usually I don't experiment on fish dishes much. And if I ever wanted to have fish especially salmon, I would rather visit those good restaurant to savour it whereby I'm sort of sure that they will do a good job. I mean how wrong can a grill fish turn out.... *lol* Oh ya, I just love grill salmon especially those thick, moist, succulent meat. *drooling* And also not forgetting raw salmon. Just love Japanese food....


Salmon on a bed of rice

Salmon is a pretty expensive fish. But it's considered a healthy fish as it contains high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids. I just don't understand how fats can be healthy. *scratching head* Anyway, I went to the market with my mom and saw this piece of salmon which looks beautifully fresh. I was just asking about the price of the fish as I was interested in preparing salmon for Doink. Mom bought the fish straight away for me before I could even consider about whether I want to cook it or not. So I guess I had no choice.


Yummy!

I was excited in preparing it. So many different recipes were running through my brain. I wanted to prepare so many different kinds of dishes on salmon : quiche, pies, salmon with cream, fried salmon, salmon pasta etc.... Then I realise I better not try to be so adventurous and just prepare a simple salmon dish in case I screw the whole dish up and waste such a beautiful piece of fish.


Time to eat

So decided to just simple pan fry the fish after seasoning it with salt and pepper. When it was nearly done, squeeze some lemon juice over to it. Tadah, the dish is ready to be served. *yummy*


Korean seaweed

I serve the fish with rice. Now you must be wondering what are the black stuff on the rice. Those are seaweeds. I bought a packet of Korean seaweed from Jusco which costs about RM7+. Just add into your rice for better flavour. However, you need to add some water to your rice to add more moisture to it as I find it taste better if your rice is a little bit moist.


Love it so dearly

Now, this is a delicious full course meal. I think Doink and I really enjoy this dish a lot. Hmm... I guess cooking fish ain't that tough afterall. In fact it's pretty simple. Ok, next I'm going to try cooking some other type of flavour on the fish. Haha... But then I'm in dilemma whether I should cook the fish with lots of flavouring and taste or just a simple one whereby the fish can retain its natural flavour.

17 comments:

PeterParis said...

Considering the "dilemma" you mention at the end... If you want my opinion, I think that a good fish should be prepared so that the natural flavour remains. I have nothing against spicy food now and then, but sometimes - as in this case - it would "kill" the real taste of the fish ... and I like fish.

You know perhaps that raw, marinated, salmon is also a speciality of the European Nordic countries.

The way you have prepared your salmon looks very nice to me!!

GMG said...

Hi Cutie! Sorry for the long delay in coming here, but the last two weeks were too hectic!
Finally I managed to land here and get a chance of ruining my diet! The salmon looked great. It's amazing that you find the salmon expensive, now that they are farming it everywhere; I still remember the prices some 40 years ago... ;))
I didn't see the Pavlova... lol
Meanwhile Blogtrotter is back to Greece in November 2007! Hope you enjoy and have a great week!

Cutie said...

peter: Oh thanks for the suggestion you gave. I think you are right, it's better not to kill the real taste of the fish.

gmg: Haha.. I think you have ruined your diet well enough by travelling around the world. THink you have seen and taste tons of gourmet food. Hmm.. i think it's time for you to share some to us. HAha...

Andrew said...

I'm here =D nice meeting you today!! I see lotsa yummy food!! =D *slurrrpss* *drooollsss* hah.. hope to see you again soon! and congrats again to you! LOL

-andrew-

Jason said...

Hey Cutie, maybe next time you can marinate it with some honey before grilling. :)

Sue Me said...

MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found your blog. Hehehehe..it was great meeting you last night. We should hang out again *hints BBO* hehehehe..

Your cooking looks damn nice lo..can I have some? :p

Cutie said...

andrew: Wah, so fast you find me d. Thank you... Yeah, we shall meet up again!!!

jason: Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks. The other day I tried doing honey and lemon on chicken. But somehow my recipe failed. Have to try it again. Hehe...

sue me: Yaya, hope there are more such session so we can hang out together gather. Of course you can have some of my cooking. Whne there is a chance, you will get it. :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love fish, but, here, it is also quite expensive so I very seldom prepare anything fish-based... Your dish looks yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

wEtwEtwAtEr said...

MAY!!

I like you so much but I dont like you. Cos your cooking looks so so yummylicious and you are making me hungry early in the morning in the office!

I hate you! No no wait I like you! Eh?!?!?? I'm confused. LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's what I am facing when looking at the beautiful salmon fillets in the displays at the store. But here is a thing!
Salmon - as I suppose with any other fish - HAS to be fresh, that is - not smell uhm... fishy! - Simply a fresh fish comes with enough packed flavor character that makes preparing it a breeze.

In a phrase - the simplest the procedure, the better!

Beautiful post!!


Cheers!
Gabi @ Mamaliga.com

Cutie said...

rosa's yummy yums: Thanks. Yeah, if fish is cheaper, i will cook it very often.

wetwetwater: Confusious man... Don't be confused. Just like me only ler. I bring joy and happiness to you by brightening up your day early in the morning with beautiful food. hehe...

mamaliga: I think you are very right. I guess I will cook my salmon just the way it is and not try to come up with something fancy to destroy the beautiful taste of the fish. Thanks for the comment!

Andrew said...

haha... farny la wetwetwater.. LOL =D what are you trying to say?? like or dun like.. LOL =D perhaps amixture of both i would say!!

*ahem* when wanna go makan??

Cutie said...

andrew: Haha... wetwetwater wants to say he likes me but he shy mer. *lol*...

I'm good to makan anytime. You let me know and I will be there ler. Hehe..

Cutie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cutie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beachlover said...

your salmon look good..Yes,there is many way to cook salmon but I cook in lazy way,just seared or broil

Cutie said...

beachlover: Haha... Seared and broil.. Cool. That will be so simple. Thanks for sharing.