Friday, November 21, 2008

Great Place For A Satisfying Meal

It's so difficult to accomodate everyone's likings nowadays and one does not know where to dine when you are going out in a group as everyone favours different kind of variety of food. That's why I notice that there are more restaurants coming up with menu which serves from western, chinese to Indian types of cuisine so that there are choices for everyone. Don't everyone just love choices? *psst... not for me as I'm a fickle minded person*

SOULed OUT Kuala Lumpur is one of the places that is a great place to dine with family, friends and even with your partner. This place serves great food, drinks with cosy, warm ambience. The professional service staff which are always with a smile will ensure that every diners have a unique and pleasurable dining experience.

Anyway, I'm going to share with you some of the food which I had tried at the place. For starters, we had 4 different types of salad. First is the Sakura Denbu Salad, a japanese salad. It's unique and interesting and I really like the taste of it. I guess that's because I'm crazy over Jap food.


Sakura Denbu Salad

Than we had the mango prawn salad. I didn't manage to try this particular salad. So not going to comment on it. But the dish looks goods isn't it.


Mango Prawn Salad

Ceasar Salad with crispy crutons to give the crunchiness taste in the salad. A simple salad that's suitable for everyone's tastebuds.


Ceasar Salad

And finally the summertime salad. The grilled prawn and fish is marinated with some unique spices which gives the flavour taste really delicious. Definitely not a typical salad which you will come across at any restaurant. I would say this is a salad which you gotta try if you would like something different.


Summertime Salad

Deep Fried Calamari. I guess it's a favourite to most people. Crispy and crunchy squid rings in a secret batter recipe. Doink would definitely love this dish a lot.


Deep Fried Calamari

Than here comes my favourite food of all time. PIZZA!!! Yummy! We had Sake San pizza with toopings of salmon slivers, roe, cherry tomatoes, japanese mayonnaise, lolorosso and a hint of wasabi. This is a very unique style of pizza with fresh salmon serves on it. But I don't really fancy it as I still somehow prefer the old fashioned type of pizza with the usual toppings.


Sake San Pizza

Next, is the beefed out pizza. This is a must order. Beef pepperoni, beef bacon,beef ribs….all beefed out! A delicious combination with amazing yummy taste on it. I think each and everyone of us love this pizza a lot. The taste of the beef taste so flavoursome.


Beefed Out Pizza

Next up is our local cuisine. We had the Sang Har Mein. Wanton noodles with large freshwater prawns, deep fried anddoused with egg gravy. This is a delicious dish and I find it very tasty. Most places are not able to cook this dish well but I really have to put my hats off for SOULed OUT for being able to serve this dish at a satisfying level. But of course do not expect the standard to be the same as Green View Sang Har Mein at Petaling Jaya. And of course the price in Green View is double of what you will be paying at SOULed OUT. *lol*




Sang Har Mein

Than is the Spicy Square Fried Noodles - Bean sheet noodles fried with chicken,prawns and bean sprouts. This is kinda similar to Char Kuew Teow. But here it's much more spicer and it's suppose to serve with a little bit of the peanut sauce. Uniquely special taste but definitely not my cup of tea. Hehe...


Spicy Square Fried Noodles

Here comes the North Indian cuisine. Gosht Colapuri -mutton cubes braised in black pepper,onions, fresh tomatoes and chilli. Delicious tasty mutton that one would ask for more especially to those mutton lovers out there. It's a great dish serve together with the capati.


Gosht Colapuri

Than the butter chicken - Boneless chicken cooked in a creamy,tangy butter sauce reminds me of the type of Indian food which I used to had in UK few years back ago. It's taste so sinfully delicious. Brought back so much memories the moment I had this dish. The rice serves together with it is so flavoursome.

Butter Chicken

And here comes the Western cuisine portion. Slow cooked to perfection surrounded by mashed potato and chunky vegetable. Can't guess what is it. It's Lamb Shank. The meat is soft and the sauce is flavoursome. However, I find the portion is a little too big and it's best to share. I always somehow feel that too much lamb is quite sickening.
Lamb Shank

Than it's the Jerk Style Snapper - Spicy snapper fillet coated with jerkspices served with mixed sautéed greens, chips and Creole sauce. The beautiful fish is cooked with the flavourful spices. Definitely one of my favourite. So juicy and delicious. Just can't get enough of it.

Jerk Style Snapper

I can say that SOULed OUT is a place whereby they serve great food at a reasonable price. Oh ya, I forgot to mention, every night at about 10pm, the staff will perform a 2-3 minute dance just to entertain the crowd. Now that's really something unique. Anyway, I have not finish blogging about the place yet. Will do so next. Have a great weekend everyone! I know I definitely will. *smile*

Special thanks to:
BBO - for inviting me to savour all these delicious dishes
Jasonmumbles - for your photos

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic, we have never tried Japanese food - that salad, I,m sure is very unique. Great blog post and super pics.

ling239 said...

oh dear... u just reminded me of this place!! almost forgotten abt it... tks ~ ^_^

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What yummy food! I'm drooling...

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Yay! Cutie!

This restaurant rocks! I have a dear friend in Kuala Lumpur and I will recommend your review to him. Thanks a TON!

Cheers!
Gabi @ Mamaliga.com

PeterParis said...

I would have been "lost" in this restaurant! I always like to taste dishes I have never tried before and here there would be a number of them!

Cutie said...

orce serrano hams: You sure try Japanese food. It's really nice. But then again, not sure whether you will like the taste. Anyway, try it if there is a chance.

ling239: You are welcome. Don't forget to share with us your dining experience there. :)

rosa's yummy yums: Careful, Don't wet your computer. Hehe...

Gabi: Cool.. You should come to KL and try it yourself. hehe...

Peter: Come to KL and stay here for a month and I will bring you try all the food around. Hehe...

Andrew said...

woooot!! =D you updated d!! hahah =D looking forward to our next outing already!! haha..

you got the photos from joshua d?? i sent all to him.. =D

Lee said...

Hi Cutie, wow! Really fantastic and delicious those food.

For me, I never like to go out with friends to eat, as always will have a debate, one wants to eat fish, one says lamb, one says sushi....
I just go with my wife, we eat what we want.

And this I must say....we have not been back to Malaysia long time, but in 2002 we took a trip back.
And as I love Penang and purposely wanted to go eat the poh pia and char kueh teow at the places I remember....our relative happened to bring her matured lady friend along. Stranger to us.

Anyway, SHE on hearing what I wanted to eat, said, "cheh! Not nice, I take you better place you like".

Cutie, she totally spoilt our holiday in Penang...I never did get to eat nasi kandar, Penang poh pia or that char kueh teow!!!!

I have promised myself...next trip back, no relatives to bring us out let alone people we don't know.
My wife and I will go on our own, eat what we like.

You have a nice day, Lee.

Cutie said...

Andrew: Now is there another outing again to meet up... Can't wait for the next session.

U. Lee: Yeah, that's right. I think next time you decide what u want to eat when u come to Malaysia. But if you do come by to KL and you must call me and eat with me at least once whether you like it or not. Hehe...
Anyway, at least now you know that you should never trust other people's tastebuds in terms of food.

email2me said...

Wah name in the net called cutie lo .... -.-"

The Sang Har mee looks the same like what we had last night.

P/S: Added you to my foodpoi.com's link

GMG said...

Hi Cutie! Thanks for the tips for my nnext time in KL! It looks there are some new experiences waiting for me at SOULed OUT... I'm giving up my diet, anyhow...
In a different mood, Blogtrotter is now at the Bardo Museum; some of the best Roman mosaics in the world! Enjoy and have a great week!

Cutie said...

email2me: Haha.. The Sang har mein in Souled out is darker colour ler. And definitely taste nicer. Serious!!! Not lying.

GMG: Haha... please don't diet if you are coming to KL. You will miss out a lot of things. I will bring you round ok to make you gain few pounds before you go home. Hehe...

choi yen said...

I thought Souled Out is a place for drinking only :P *Silly me*