Anyway, mom's friend bought a box of Cake Mix from Australia sometime a few months back. She knew I love baking and therefore she went to get a brand called Golden Plains - Vanilla Cake Mix as she was saying that this cake mix taste really good.
Golden Plains - Vanilla Cake Mix
The instructions is written at the back of the box and the extra ingrediants that are needed is butter, eggs and milk. Just put your cake mix, add butter, eggs and milk and mix mix mix. Than pour the batter in the baking tin. Chuck it in the oven and bake it for about 20 mins. Tadah, your cake is now ready to be served. Isn't that sooo simple.
Smells really fragrant when it's freshly baked from the oven
Now, you are probably going to ask how does the cake taste like. I have to say, it's one of the best cake mix I ever had. The cake is soft and fluffy and even my dad who doesn't have sweet tooth loves it.
This is definitely a good pressie. Hehe... The cake is great for brekkie, tea or supper. If you want, you can spread butter cream or cream cheese on top of the cake. But to me, I love the cake the way it is especially when it just came out from the oven. Soft, warm, fluffy.... oooh, it's so addictive. Now I wish to have more. Anyone going to Australia soon? *grin*
Perfect for anyone, anytime, anyday
Anyway, I feel like preparing Mexican food for Doink next. I'm kinda sure he will like it. Now it's time to research and prepare for the ingrediants so that I can make him a special dinner. Woohoo, I'm all so excited for my next dinner project. Gonna make it another special one.
14 comments:
I used to buy a choco cookie mix but then it turned out to be a diaster ;(
Anyway, this butter cake sure looks yummy :)
Those mix make our cooking/baking more easier hor... :)
I tried to bake cookie using mix once but turn out to be unedible :S
did i get to eat this? I dun remember this....
hahahahah me too, pre mix junkie! lol
I have never made a cake, just enjoy eating them - this one looks fab!
I've never made a cake myself too....and you made it sound so easy!:D
shionge: Well, I'm sure practice will make perfect.
mimid3vils: It's meant to be. That's why it's more expensive than making your own one. :)
jason: Haha... Well, maybe if you try again it will be better.
vinnyc: You did. You always forget one.
bigboysoven: Haha... These tends to be really useful when you want to serve your guests food in an urgent.
orce serrano hams: I'm surprise you never made one. But anyway, your cooking skills is good enough. Hehe...
christy: My dear, it's not hard at all. Trust me.
If you as a real professional allow yoursel to buy ready cake mixes, I believe I have also the right to do so. Next time in the supermarket!
Hi Cutie, you sure one talented lady.
Young ladies like you who can cook and make fabulous cakes like finding a rare diamond, ha ha.
Wow! Your this cake is fabulous! I can get the beautiful scent here.
Hmmm, maybe you should come here start small business....as orang putehs here crazy about Chinese cakes....you should see the Chinese cake shops here, even Muslims buy too.
Incidentally, do you have any certificate or cooking diploma? I think you'll understand why I mention this, *wink*. Hint....it can be very useful to have.
Its funny but my bachelor days, not one of all the SYT's (sweet young things) I dated made cookies or cooked for me, always eat out...
then along came one young lady, she could make Nonya kuehs and cook Nonya dishes like as if she 4th generation Nonya, but was or is not...even cooked Malay, Cantonese, Hakka dishes....and the rest is history....I lost my bachelor's degree. She gained her Masters, ha ha.
Would you believe, before I met her, I was 135 pounds....after marriage I gained weight, and later coming here I today tip the scale at 196 pounds....fortunately I have my 6'1" height to have that weight spread evenly, ahemmmm. Ha ha.
And one reason? Here it is....for you with my compliments...
Coconut Sugee Cookies.
Ingredients
225g butter celebrate
200g castor sugar
50g sugee
50g desiccated coconut
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
Sift
100g plain flour
100g self-raising flour
Extra 100g desiccated coconut for tossing cookies
Cream butter with sugar until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla essence followed by the sugee. Add in sifted dry ingredients and desiccated coconut.
Mix till well blended. Shape half a tablespoon of mixture into small round balls, the size of small limes. Roll in the remaining portion of dessicated coconut and place on lightly greased trays then press the balls down with a fork.
Bake in preheated oven at 170∞C for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool cookies thoroughly and store in airtight containers.
Cutie, send me telegram if you try it, ha ha...
oh ya, can get the 'sugee' from an Indian store....
You keep well and have a great weekend, best regards, Lee.
peter: Haha... I aint any professional. Just having some fun cooking in my little kitchen. Anyway, I believe a lot of professional chef out there at times do use a lot of short cuts like using mixes and ready made stuff to prepare their food. So you have all your rights to get those kind of stuff. hehe...
uncle lee: Oh my god, thanks for sharing with me the recipe. I will try it and let you know.
You know what, I really do hope that I did indeed took up a diploma in culinary but unfortunately opportunity was never given to me. Long story.... It will be nice to have my own little cafe or even opening a shop but think it will be only a dream for me for the time being.
Btw, if there is a chance I would love to learn how to make all types of Nyonya kuehs from that lady. *hint hint* It's one of the things I never learn how to make. You are also a really lucky man to have found such an amazing wife. Btw, I think Doink is like you. Gaining weight. I wonder what happens to him after we get married. *lol*
Hi Cutie, I am fortunate I have my height to have that weight spread around, ha ha. Lee.
looks simply & nice ~~will try when i hv baked mood^^
uncle lee: Lucky you. :)
shell: Yes.. try it and let me know so that I can go over to try. Hehe...
Post a Comment