Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Cake

It was my mom's birthday last month. So I made her a simple and nice birthday cake - Carrot Cake. I had made carrot cakes a couple of times and I find it's very easy to make and what more, the cake is delicious. Light, moist and tasty with the creamy cheesy topping over the cake. Yummy!!!

As I'm not a fan of nuts, I did not add walnuts in it, but instead I added raisins. I find the raisins goes well with the carrot cake.



Well, baking a cake is never a problem for me and most of the time the cake turns out alright unless I'm being clumsy or impatient. *lol*

The only problem I have is presenting a cake nicely so that when people see the cake they will go "wow" or "aaaahhhh". And to them the cake taste good even before they try a taste of it yet.

So yes, I just make this simple decoration on the cake so that it looks nice before it is being served. Not to say it's really nice but I think it's better than plain, isn't it?

Toasted some almonds and put it on the side of the cake. Did I not just mention that I don't like nuts? *lol* Hmm... but then again, I didn't have a choice as I needed to decorate the cake. Oh, Doink loves the almond on the side as he finds the almonds complements the cake really well.








A slice of the lovely cake

Well, I do hope that everybody that night did enjoy the cake. Me going to get another slice to savour now. *grin* Didn't have a choice as my dear friend, Jasonmumbles, who came all the way from Melaka wanted one too. So I had to bake it specially for him. Hope you like it. :)

And of course, Happy Birthday to you again, Mom!!!

5 comments:

Shionge said...

First...Happy Birthday Aunty :D May all your wishes come true.

Second....what a lovely cake and I bet it must be yummy.

Third ... you are so talented Cutie, any intention to open a bakery shop

Fourth...you make me hungry all the time.

Fifth...now I have to drool to bed

Sixth...hopefully I dream of a yummy carrot cake like this.

Seventh.....wahhh...so long winded...nvm I hope my dream come true.

hehehhe...that's all la.

Cutie said...

shionge: Wow, thanks for all the compliment. Really sweet of you to say all those things to me. Thanks dear!

jackson: It's not. Anyway, it's been a long time since I last heard from you.

Food Promotions said...

I would like to you to visit http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/ Thanks~

Food Promotions said...

I would like to you to visit http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/ Thanks~

Food Promotions said...

I would like to you to visit http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/ Thanks~