Well, I won't be able to connect to internet as regularly as I used to be and therefore I'm pretty handicapped. So updating my blog will be slow and moreover, I will have less stuff to update as well as I'm not around to cook for Doink for a long period of time. Whatever that I'm updating now is what I have cooked for him previously.
I have gone to another place to work and I'm missing Doink very very much. Going through life without him for the first weekend is tough. I hope I will feel better as time goes on. I wonder how I manage to survive for 2 years without him when I was in UK. Hehe....
Anyway, enough of sad stories... Here is the Christmas Dinner that I had prepared for Doink. Mom bought some really tiny scallops and to be honest, I had never cook scallops before. So I decided to take a few and try making baked scallops. I added garlic, onions, breadcrumbs some salt and pepper and bake it in the oven for about 12 minutes... Taste was ok... Not sure whether the taste was suppose to be this way as I never really had scallops before.
Next dish is Meat Tofu wrapped with Bacon. I mix the mince pork and tofu together and season it with salt, pepper and parmesan. Than I wrap them with bacon and bake in the oven for about 20 mins till the bacon is cooked... The taste is quite unique and nice. Added some tofu to make it taste less meaty but not recommended to people who doesn't like tofu taste at all.
Here are some extras minced pork and tofu which I had prepared the next day. I did not wrap it with bacon but instead just by itself. It taste equally good... Hehe...
I'm not good at frying food but I know Doink loves Onion Rings. A&W serves really good ones but those are quite pricey for those few onion rings... So I prepared some and wasn't sure whether the taste was ok. But to my surprise it taste very very nice. *smile* A little overfried but then it still taste good...
Here are some roast potatoes.. Finally I perfected it. I realised what the problem was. It's oil. I never put enough oil when I roast potatoes. To make some yummy roasted potatoes, you need to add quite a bit of oil. *sinful* See, golden roasted potatoes.
Prepared some special sauce to go with the potatoes. It's garlic mayonaise. Very simple to prepare. Just roast the garlic with the skin on for about 20 minutes and then bring it on, discard the skin and mash it. Mix it with mayonaise, add some salt, pepper and finally sprinkle some paprika powder. Taste really yummy!!! Can't wait to make it again....
Garlic Mayonaise
And finally the main dish is here, Roast Chicken. I amended the recipe slightly different and this time I added some carrots and onion with some homemade stuffing and roasted it together with the chicken that has been marinated. After 1 hour, the chicken smells gorgeous. I took the chicken out of the roasting pan and put the chicken on a serving plate and took out the carrots and onions and place it on the side of the serving plate. Than I made the chicken sauce by adding some chicken stock to the roasting pan and put under the oven for another 5 minutes to thicken. The sauce is now ready to be served.
Homemade Roast Chicken
My lovely roast chicken was good. I felt it was better than the one I made last year. And moreover with the chicken sauce the breast part of the chicken meat won't be dry. Doink enjoys it a lot.
I also made some sparkling mix drink for ourselves.
It was definitely a satisfying meal and enjoyable night we had. That's one of the reasons why I love Christmas so much. Being able to cook yummy meals for Doink. Hehe.... Oh, not forgetting that I made some lovely meringues too for my sweet loving Doink.

Missing you very very much Doink. I will be coming back soon but then there won't be much time for me to cook as well. Well, you probably have to wait. *frown*
11 comments:
awww...poor thing...hopefully i'll be able to survive in sg :I will be going there after CNY. Can i ajak you out for makan sessions? or can i pick up some baking skills from u to help u kill time during weekends :p
Of course you can. We can hangout together and let's kill time together. Hehe... And maybe we can take bus together to go back to KL too. Email me at maygin17@gmail.com once you settle down and I will let you know my number.
wah so romantic... I wish I have someone do the same for me! lo!
hahahha not for you jackson, neither for me also :(
I lurve garlic mayonnaise! Awww.. don't be sad. Get yourself a webcam and you can see him from your home in SG :)
jackson: Ask your wives to cook for you. hehe...
bigboysoven: Well, you will eventually find someone to do this for you.
jason: Oh, I have webcam but it's not the same. Still missing him a lot.
You are such a sweet and lovely partner:D
I am sure he felt SPECIAL!!;)
christy: Oh, he definitely does feel special. Hehe...
Oh, I do feel special!!!
vinnyc: Haha... You are always the most special one to me.
error nuker -
evidence smart -
fat burning furnace -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final sync -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
forex enterprise -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
home job stop -
homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
how do i get him back -
hyper vre -
keyword spy pro -
kingdom of pets -
mafia war secrets -
malware bot -
master cleanse secrets -
maternityacupressure -
maternity acupressure -
maximum paid surveys -
meet your sweet -
mobile tv pro -
musclegainingsecrets -
muscle gaining secrets -
my dish biz -
one minute cure -
paid surveys online -
panic away -
pc tv 4 me -
pdf creator -
Post a Comment