Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sweet Tooth...

5 days to Christmas!!! Wooohoo!!! I just love Christmas and it's really beautiful to see all the Malls decorated with beautiful lights and Christmas Trees. Hehe... I feel like I'm in Wonderland whenever I'm at those places with Doink. Would like to wish everyone a Happy Christmas!!!

Alright, back to my kitchen experiment. I bought some bananas the other day as I thought of making some really good dessert for Doink. However before I go into the dessert, I have to let you know one of the simplest way to make a nutritious and delicious drink - banana milkshake. A great way to start your day.

First you need these 3 simplest ingredients: - 250ml milk, 1 banana and 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)

3 simple ingredients

Just blend all together and ta dah - Your yummy and full of goodness banana milkshake. Nutmeg add more taste to it and try it and I'm sure you will find that it taste nicer. If somehow you feel that it isn't sweet enough, you can add some sugar in it but I don't think it's necessary to do so.


Banana milkshake top with nutmeg

Now here comes the dessert.

It's banana crepe. I intentionally made extra slices of crepe when I was preparing the mille crepe so that I can prepare this yummy dessert for Doink to savour.


First I have to prepare the sauce. The sauce is very easy to prepare. Just boil milk, sugar till it thickens and then cut the bananas into slices and put it in the sauce when it's about done. Sprinkle some nutmeg in it, give it a stir and there you have your sauce. If you want to make it a little more sinful, add cream instead of milk.

Now get the ice cream and scoop into your crepe and wrap the ice cream. Drizzle the hot banana caramel sauce over it. Dust it with icing sugar and it's ready to be served. If you have some strawberries, put some on top of the crepe. *drool*

You have to serve this immediately as the hot sauce will kinda melt the ice cream. But it's all yummy... Taste really good. It's really easy to make and it takes you less than 5 minutes to prepare if you have your crepes ready stocked up in your fridge and this will definitely bring a smile to everyone who savour this especially to all the banana lovers.


Doink wasn't satisfied with one and he had 2 that particular night after dinner. And the next day he was asking for more. I guess I have to make more crepe to stock up in my freezer so that I can make more yummy crepe dessert for him.

12 comments:

TzeThon said...

they look great. =D
i guess desserts just look great to me.

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

The banana crepe looks yummylicious. we can prepare the crepe & keep it in the fridge? Will it become harden & spoilt?

Cutie said...

jasonmumbles: Hmm, ok...

zthon: Hehe... I guess you are just like me having sweet tooth all the time.

tak feng & li li: Oh, the crepe will get harden but after you heat it up either in a pan or microwave if in hurry, it will soften. It won't spoil and it can be kept up to a week in a fridge. You can also keep it in the freezer for up to 1 month but make sure you wrap them properly to protect them against frostbite. Wax paper between each crepe when keeping it.

Kenny Leong said...

Banana milk shake, best drink in the morning^^

teckiee said...

Yay! My dad will like this. He's mad about anything banana!

Cutie said...

kenny: Oh yeah,nice morning drink...

teckiee: Haha... same like my boyfriend.

Big Boys Oven said...

look really delicious....yummy

MeiyeN said...

merry xmas to you and your loved ones! :)

Tummythoz said...

Lucky lucky Doink.

Cutie said...

bigboysoven: Thanks.

meiyen: Merry Xmas to you too...

tummythoz: Hehe... Yeah he is lucky!!!

Jason said...

Hey, Merry Christmas to you and Doink!

Cutie said...

jason: Merry Christmas to you too.