Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Chocolate Fudgey Shortbread

My weekend did not just end it with Mango Pudding. I also made some sinfully delicious Chocolate Fudgey Shortbread. This is a pretty sinful desserts. But nevertheless it's good. Anyway, all good food are sinful. hehe....

The first time I ever tried this dessert is when I was in UK working in Halls of Residence. I never knew what this was and never got to try it ever since I came back from UK. I love it so much.

I almost totally forgotten about this dessert until recently when I was flipping my recipe book and came across this particular recipe. I was so happy and decided to give it a try making them.



Chocolate Fudgey Shortbread

To be honest, it is pretty simple to make and this can be done like in 30 minutes (excluding washing utensils). Firstly I have to prepare the bottom shortbread layer. It's just flour, sugar and butter. And bake it for about 20 minutes. Just that simple....

Than you prepare the middle layer which is the fudgey layer. Just add condensed milk, sugar and butter and cook over a pan till it thickens. Than spread it over the shortbread. Ooooh, I can just eat this fudgey thingy..... So yummylicious!!!


Chocolicious goodness!!!

And finally, once the fudge thingy is harden, it's time to spread melted chocolate over it. Oooh lala..... How could one resist such sinful food. Put this in the fridge and it is ready to be served. Well, as I'm a very impatient person, I actually took a few slices before chucking them into the fridge. hehe... But I have to admit that it taste way way much better when it's cold.


White Chocolate Fudgey Slice
I also spread white chocolate over those fudgey slices. But I don't know why the colour came out exactly the same as the fudge. Anyway, Doink loves this one better as he finds it sweeter. Oh well, he always loves the unhealthy version of food.

Fudgey

Alright, let me see what's next for the coming weekend. It should be souffle. Hopefully I can find some time to make it. =) Just another 3 days before I can start wearing my bluey apron.

7 comments:

Shionge said...

Aiyo sister..me hungry & drooling now...keyboard wet liao kekkee...

Nice photos feel like grabbing it and have a bite now :D

ling239 said...

they must hv tasted heavenly ~
too bad.... i cant cook :'(

Anonymous said...

haha I'm really glad that bf doesn't know i got a friend who can cook/bake so well! or else I'll be in trouble!! thanks for the birthday wish ! i had a simply yet great celebration!thanks!

Cutie said...

shionge: oooh, careful... Afterwards your keyboard will spoil. hehe... You come to Malaysia and I feed you some k. =)

ling239: It taste sinful that's for sure. hehe...

min: Don't worry. I will teach you how to cook. hehe.. Cooking is easy and fun. Oooh, Happy Birthday again!!!

sugar & spice said...

Damn orgasmic la ur stuff..You sure are good in tempting people

Oh for the love of food! said...

Cutie, you've really outdone yourself this time! This is decadent stuff! You're gonna give Doink a sugar High! HA!HA!

Cutie said...

sugar&spice: gonna tempt u more food. hehe...

oh for the love of food!: Yeah, sugar high. I'm not allowing him to eat too much of it. hehe...