Sunday, July 1, 2007

Chicken Pie or Bread Bowl Soup...hehe...

Just got back from a holiday stay at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur. Well, it was an enjoyable holiday and I had to say that it was the best holiday I ever had. Gonna let you on my next post. But for now, I'm gonna talk about my next cooking experiment.

This is my first experiment on making chicken pie. hehe... Well, with some time to spare lately, I decided to try out making this dish. In fact I cheated. I used a 'short cut' to cook this dish by using a special ingredients - Campbells Mushroom Soup.

I just cook the chicken, onions, mixed vegetable and mushrooms and then pour in the can of Campbells Mushroom Soup and add half a can of milk to give it more flavour. Cook till the sauce thickens. Simple isn't it. =)


The Simple Chicken Pie fillings

But then i was so clumsy that I had forgotten to buy the ready made pastry. So I had no choice but to make a quick pastry recipes. Of course the end results wasn't that fantastic. I'm not an expert in making pastry at all.



Ready to be baked
.
Than I baked those pies in the oven for about 20 minutes and it's ready to be served. Yummy!!!


Serves together with garlic bread

Piping hot chicken pie is ready to be executed. I served this chicken pie with the garlic bread since the sauce was so tasty that it goes really well with it.

Chicken Pie

Doink did let me know that this pie dish could also be called a Bread Bowl Soup. hehe... Well, I'm gonna practice more so that I will be making a real chicken pie instead of this 'pirated' one. hehe...

8 comments:

Shionge said...

Sure looks yummy wish I could sink my teeth there kekeke...

By the way..you mention half a can of milk, are you referring to evaporated carnation?

Cutie said...

jackson: of course you can be my guinea pig. You never give me your contacts how to call you to be my guinea pig. Stay in Hotel Istana will be updated later.

shionge: I just put normal fresh milk.

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hey cutie!, that's not a bad looking chicken pie at all! In fact, it looks pretty good. And you made your own pastry too. I couldn't have done better myself! :o)

Cutie said...

oh for the love of food: Thanks for the compliment. I think you would have done better than me. It's a great experiment anyway.

Big Boys Oven said...

They look so nice just like what you get in the shop, gorgeous.

Cutie said...

bigboysoven: Thank you for the compliment!!!

MeiyeN said...

yumzzz..... am hungry now!

Cutie said...

meiyen: Go eat something quick!!!