Woke up one of the Sunday morning and felt very very sleepy. Didn't feel cheerful, bubbly, hyper or smiley. Just sobbing at the corner of my room with my laptop hugging my beloved fatty penguin. (Doesn't my penguin look depress too) Don't know why I was feeling like this. I just hate this feeling. Alright, enough of the depress feelings. I no longer feel like this now anyway.Anyway, I promised Doink to cook for him a lovely lunch. And I actually came up with the menu few days back. With so many mangoes in my fridge begging me to execute them, I decided to cook Mango Salsa Chicken. A very healthy, simple and unique dish. It's excellent for those who loves mangoes with the salsalish taste. I just love mixing all the flavours and come up with some strange and weird recipes. hehe...
.
Mango Salsa ChickenI prepared the Mango Salsa one day ahead. I just put onions, red chilis, mangoes, raisins, lime, black pepper and salt to taste and mix it. Leave it in the fridge. You may add green peppers to make it more colourful. But Doink ain't a fan of any peppers so I didn't put it in.
Than I marinated the chicken overnight with honey, mango sauce, soy sauce, garlic and onion. Grill the chicken for about 20 minutes. Once it is ready, slice the chicken and serve it with the Mango Salsa Sauce. Simple isn't it!!! So colourful, lovely and healthy too.

My lovely creation
Of course Mango Salsa Chicken is not going to be enough for Doink. Since he was asking me to cook chicken kiev again for him, I just made him another kiev since I still have some home made garlic butter. I added something more this time instead of just garlic butter. I stuffed the chicken with a slice of bacon ham and cheddar cheese together with the garlic butter. And cover the whole chicken with flour and semolina (cause I did not have any breadcrumbs) and just bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or till it's brown. *drooling*
Chicken Kiev with Bacon & Cheese
Made some mashed potatoes to go with the Chicken Kiev. I added some mozarella cheese and bacon ham in the mashed potatoes to give it more flavour. Oooh, gorgeous especially when it's hot.
Of course I always have some spare time to bake something. Since I haven't been baking cookies, I decided to make some for Doink to savour while he is working. Also took some to let my colleagues to try and they love it. *smile*
Chocolate Cookies
Still feel a bit gloomy even after cooking and baking. Thank god I was much better just before dinner. Doink brought me to my favourite place to cheer me up.... My favourite McDonalds. Feel like I'm a little kid. I think I need Ronald McDonald next to me to bring a smile to me. *laugh* 

Anyone can get me this lovely Ronald.... super cute....
.
Won't be around for the next 5 days as I'm off to Penang and Taiping. Gonna miss my kitchen loads. *sob sob*...




6 comments:
oh my god, you are such a sweetie pie! it seems like you cook for your bf every weekend! is really hard to find a good gf like you :D
Meiyen: I enjoy cooking and he enjoys eating so gonna feed him until he becomes a fat piggy =P But actually I'm running out of things to cook for him.
hahahaha I am sure there are many things that you can dish up. Now I got loads of mangosteen in my kitchen, thought of doing a mangosteen prawn salad
Bigboyskitchen: Hmm, mango prawn salad sounds really yummy. Can I be your guinea pig for that dish :D
cutie: wah pok kai lar me!!!!
Bigboyskitchen: Okler... no guinea pig... just playing... just share pictures and experience with me enough d k...
Post a Comment